Dave is gone to a week long scout camp called NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training) all week, yes 7 days, and I am MISSING HIM! He hasn't been gone this long since he went to HU (Hamburger University) for two weeks during our first year of marriage. He was asked to be on this committee to get this leadership training going in our area, and it's a great thing for the young men. It is basically a Woodbadge for young men. So, it's a wonderful thing he's doing, and that is the only thing that makes it easier for me to let him go. He is such a fun, loving type of guy to have around, not to mention so handsome and so cute! He is the epitome of the song "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home!" All the children (who are capable of running), run to the door when they hear the door bell ring anytime after 5:00 P.M, which is his normal "come home time". And more than fun and loving, HE DOES DISHES! HE COOKS! He's good at putting the kids to bed. He keeps our house hopping with his humor and energy. He is also a good listener, and knows when I just need to talk. I miss him and I have 4 more days to go. So, in honor of Dave, (who LOVES having this blog), I want to post some of our pictures from our last trip together. We took a trip to Orlando, Florida for the McDonald's World Wide Convention this past April. It was a definately fun trip together. And it wouldn't have mattered where we went, just being together was great. I love being married to him! Here are some pictures from our trip.
We took 8 month old nursing Dane with us. He was a great little traveler, not to mention a good conversation starter. We forget how some people aren't around babies that much and just LOVE them. This is his first "run in" with Ronald. He's not sure what to think!
And of course, we had to take a group shot. Ronald is Cool!
This "free" rental car upgrade made us feel OLD! Dave said, "Now I know what it feels like to be a 65 year old white man."
This is Dave's favorite photo of this whole trip, all because of the HOT SPOT sign. He couldn't wait to get our picture taken by it! See that excitement in his smile? I love that about him. It's my LEAST favorite shot, but hey, Dave's worth it.

Dane was such a fun, easy baby on this trip! On the airplane I was able to bring the carseat for him to sleep in. Everytime he got tired, I just fed him, put him in his carseat and WALA! He was asleep! And that's how it was this WHOLE trip. It was fun to just adore him for 5 days. And that's what it was...adoring adorable Dane.
Just hanging out with Dave on the Convention Floor was great! I got listen to Dave talk McDonald's stuff with his fellow operator's and friends in the business. Someday I hope to actually be a part of the conversations and know what I'm talking about! For now, I'm a stay at home mom, supporting my cool husband on his business trips, so he won't be lonely.
No comments:
Post a Comment