Family picture in front of our home

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

MORE DAVE!

Okay, I'm still missing Dave and wanted to post more pictures of him and show what a cool husband, father and person he is. He is a HUGE part of our whole family's lives and he's just adorable to all of us.


















This is Dave, getting all excited to go flyfishing for the first time in a few years. And he deserves it! He watched all 5 kids for 1 and 1/2 days while I spent a day at Girls Camp! That's a lot to handle, especially with a little nursing 9 month old. So, when I was finally done at Girls Camp, I had lots of fun watching him get ready to go flyfishing in the Black River by Alpine, AZ. I couldn't help but get a picture as he got all his equipment ready. See the sparkle in his eye?!?























And here he is in the action, in the Black River, all decked out with his waders, waiting for the right fish to come along. The kids LOVED watching him fish, as they haven't seen him do this since they were old enough to appreciate seeing Dad doing something he totally enjoys. And Mitchell and Dane can't wait for future fishing trips with their Dad! If these little boys only knew how lucky they were!




















I have to throw in this picture. For Father's Day, Dave wanted a pair of roller blades so he could go roller blading with his kids. Well, this is his first time roller blading with his kids. But the biggest kid that day was NOT Sydney. You guessed it! The only word to describe Dave that first day is UNINHIBITED. That's what he was, and he fell HARD and landed on his bum on the pavement during the first 5 minutes. We all had a good laugh, of course, and it was a definite memory in our family. I wouldn't have him any other way!



































These next shots represents our first date night without the baby! When I told Dave that I was going to leave the baby with Sydney for Date Night, he got all excited and surprised me. All he told me was that he had a special surprise for me and to wear black, sunglasses and shoes that covered my feet. So, when we were all ready to leave, he took me out in front of the house and lo and behold, he had a Harley Davidson motorcycle waiting for us! Ha! He is SOOO fun. We borrowed helmets from a friend and headed down the backroads to Solomon where we ate at "La Paloma" and talked and laughed. It was a fun evening I'll never forget! Dave told me later that he planned on borrowing a special sports car from his friend who owns the GMC dealership in town. That car wasn't available anymore, but said he had a Harley that just arrived that day. So, Dave borrowed the Harley and came home and surprised me with a totally fun night. And just so you know, I wasn't taking the pictures, our kids did. Here are the best shots we have!











4 comments:

Swen said...

hi Carol,
it was so great to read about your family; thanks for sharing your blog! az looks so beautiful!
take care,
jenni :)

Meggan said...

Hey Carol!!! My aunt finally remembered in her busy schedule to send me ur blog link! Your kids are soo cute:) I know how you feel. Matt's work is getting him traveling recently....crappy. But I htink you like your husband more than I do mine...lol...just kidding:)

Candace said...

What a fun "first" date for you guys! I actually love the pictures you got on the bike! You DO have a cool hubster. :)

Allison said...

I totally was the babysitter this night!!